Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week my pick is Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama:

Fierce, seductive mermaid Syrenka falls in love with Ezra, a young naturalist. When she abandons her life underwater for a chance at happiness on land, she is unaware that this decision comes with horrific and deadly consequences. Almost one hundred forty years later, seventeen-year-old Hester meets a mysterious stranger named Ezra and feels overwhelmingly, inexplicably drawn to him. For generations, love has resulted in death for the women in her family. Is it an undiagnosed genetic defect . . . or a curse? With Ezra’s help, Hester investigates her family’s strange, sad history. The answers she seeks are waiting in the graveyard, the crypt, and at the bottom of the ocean—but powerful forces will do anything to keep her from uncovering her connection to Syrenka and to the tragedy of so long ago.

Hardcover, 295 pages
Expected publication: September 4th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
 
I would like to point out that this is another AMAZING release that is set to launch on my
Birthday :) I have found a couple really awesome books that will be must haves for that day!!
However I don't just want this book because it releases on my birthday but because I love a
good mermaid story.  For so long they had faded into the back ground and they are really
making a strong come back now!!
 
This is what I am waiting on this Wednesday what are you waiting on?!
Leave me a link and I will head over and check it out!!



8 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY EXCITED about this one!!! And HOW freaking gorgeous is it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Some people were talking about how they had it already... Lucky people lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Tiff!

    I have this sittin' in my Kindle from Net Galley =/ I'm trying to get to it but I've been neglecting my books lately. Bah! so busy. But I can't wait to get my hands on a hardcopy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you!! Can't wait to get a copy myself!! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh, that is SO COOL that this releases on your birthday!! Maybe you can trick your friends or family into buying it for you as a present (along with all the other books on your TBR list)? x) LOL I can't wait to read this book too! I've been looking for another great mermaid read after Of Poseidon, and this might just be it! :)

    Awesome pick for your WOW, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya hope that the few releases that come out for my birthday I get lol cause seriously how often do things come out on your birthday?!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I cannot WAIT to read this one, I just got it in the mail this past week and was so excited! The cover is not only beautiful, but the story is just like **gasp** amazing!! Definitely planning on reading this one in the very near future :D

    ~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO lucky!! I would be extremely excited to see this in my mailbox

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...