Tuesday, March 20, 2012

#YABookChat Authors of the Week: D.T. Dyllin & Stacey W. Benefiel

So this will be a two part post today because I have 2 awesome authors to talk about
this week!! We have D.T. Dyllin at 9pm EST and Stacey W. Benefiel at 9:30pm EST.
Now those are just the best rounded off times because to be honest sometimes we
carry things on a little longer than that. So I wont write anymore about this but lets get to our
authors shall we.
D.T. Dyllin author of Enemy Through Gates

P. J. Stone, like most eighteen-year-old girls, is a little boy crazy and somewhat obsessed with finding the perfect boyfriend. Some days she feels like she might be the last remaining virgin in her entire high school, and maybe even the entire tri-state area.
After a traumatic night at a friend’s party, P. J. realizes what she truly wants has been right under her nose all along. Bryn O’Bannon, her best friend and partner in crime since age five, is head over heels in love with her, and she feels the same about him.
But P. J.’s life isn’t that simple. She’s a member of a separate society that exists secretly among the rest of the world; the society raises gifted individuals to protect the world from interdimensional interlopers, and P. J. was taught to put duty before her heart. She is expected to choose a suitable mate in order to perpetuate the Seer line. Unfortunately, Bryn is a Guardian and is forbidden to date—let alone mate with—a Seer such as herself.
As if figuring out her love life isn’t complicated enough, P. J. begins having visions of a threat to her world only she is able to perceive. Now, she must concoct and execute a plan to avert world disaster while at the same time avoiding the dissolution of her love life.


  I know sounds awesome right!! I can not wait to get my hands on a copy of this book!! P.J totally sounds like the type of protagonist that I love and seriously want to know more about Bryn!! Lucky for you guys that just by reading this and attending the chat you can WIN A PHYSICAL copy of this book!! Um... total yay! The only restriction is that it is US/CAN only. Sorry international peeps.  I also got to ask this wonderful lady a few questions so that I had something to share with you!

Mini Random Author Interview:
Me: Why did you choose to become an author?
D.T.- I’ve always been a writer of some sort, whether it was short stories, poetry, songs, or now novels. I made the jump to novels when songwriting no longer seemed to satisfy me creatively. When writing a song, it’s like creating a snap shot version of a character’s emotions at a particular point in their lives. In my head there was a before and an after, but I couldn’t share all that went into the creation of a character within the context of the song. Eventually, the characters I created had too much to say, and not enough time to say it in a 3-4 minute platform. I was left feeling like my creations were unfinished and incomplete. That’s when it became clear to me that my characters needed to have their stories truly told, and that it was time to move on to a different medium

Me: What MUST you have when you are writing?
D.T.- When I'm writing I MUST be sitting somewhere comfortable. I know it seems pretty basic, but I used to have this awful computer chair that drove me crazy! I never got anything done. But now that I do all my writing on my lap top I usually sit on the couch. So much better! :)

Me- What can you NOT leave the house without?
D.T.-  I CAN NOT leave my house without sunglasses! I have them stashed all over the place for emergency eye blinding prevention. I have really sensitive eyes and anytime I'm outside even when it's over cast, if I'm not wearing shades, then I feel like I can't see properly. And that sucks because I have amazing eye sight. I can read & see things from really far away...if I have my shades! I always complain about things being too bright all the time. I'm like a friggin' Mogwai...Bright Lights! Just call me Gizmo. ;)

Me- If you could co-write something with any author who would it be?
D.T.-  If I could choose any writer to write something with...hmmm...I think it would be Anne Rice. She first introduced me to the wonderful world of vampires when I was in elementary school and I've been captivated ever since. (I read a tad beyond what was considered age appropriate.) I was obsessed with vampires before they were considered cool and got made fun of a lot for it. I even read The Vampire Diaries back when they were first published in the early 90's. Most people don't realize they first came out then. Anyways...I owe my life long love of vampires that eventually developed into everything supernatural all to Anne Rice. Working with her would be amazing! Btw...I've seen & read almost every vampire movie/book out there up until recently. I'm filled with ridiculous trivia facts about all the different lore. I'm pretty hard to stump.

Me- Fav food?
D.T.- My favorite food is ice cream. They were my first words...well actually it was "Mice Mice" but that's what I called ice cream when I was little. My all time fav. is Haagen Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Can you say mouth-gasm!

I can't even tell you guys how many times I laughed or smiled while reading the answers to my questions.  Not going to lie when she answered my last one I am super glad that I wasn't drinking!
You can find D.T.- On Twitter, Her Blog, Facebook (Click on any of the ways to be taken straight there, I am all about the easy!!) Also there are MANY different ways to order this book that looks super promising and they are all listed in the blog :)
Now on to part 2!!

Stacey W. Benefiel Author of the Zellie Wells Trilogy


Mini Review: Glimpse(Zellie Well #1)

  I had read a short story of Stacey's that came from Avery (Zellie's boyfriend) and I loved it!! This book was no different for me.  Despite the fact that I learned it was difficult writing Zillie for Stacey at times, you really couldn't tell!  This book was written really smoothly as far as I was concerned and gave me quite a few laughs. 
  To say the least Zellie is rather quirky at times and full of personality.  At her 16th borthday party she begins to see things.  Not like ghost or any form of dead people but the future.  To start it's really a glimpse of what will be a persons end and to say the least it is a shock.  Her first thoughts are to tell her BFF Claire but it doesn't quite come as easily as she had hoped it would.  She tells her mom before anyone and doesn't like how that turns out really at all.  She holds back telling her friend and boyfriend until a certain circumstance forces it out of her and the results are not so awesome.  However Claire is AMAZING! I think she is the best BFF/Sidekick (as she likes to call herself) ever! She is so freaking loyal and I don't think there is a bone in her entire body that could be not loyal to Zellie! She even leaves with Zellie and her sister Melody for the summer as to continue to help and support her!
  For the first bit of the story you don't get to see/know much about what Zellie and her family can do.  It is a lot of character building and getting to know your surroundings.  I know that doesn't sound all that great but Stacey actually made it totally rock at the same time.  Sometimes I feel authors either take too long or don't outline their characters well enough because of not wanting to drag it out.  This was a wonderful surprise that I still wanted to read more and more even without fully knowing exactly where everything was headed and trust me there was so many ways that it could have gone! The way it went was awesome though!!
  This book completely met my expectations and was a lot of fun to read!! I would like to leave you with a few humerous Zellie moments that I just can't resist sharing:
 Zellie on first kiss with Avery- "...I didn't think the whole "dry hump as a first kiss"
experience was normal."
Melody on Zellie getting ready- "What are you doing in here? It smells like a freaking Bath and Body Works exploded!"
Zellie on Avery Comment- "If I had to get up at five every morning and loofah the bejeezus..."

There is more than that but I didn't want to keep you all day.  However those were my 3 fav. Zellie moments!! You can find Stacey On- Twitter, Facebook and Her Blog.

Hope you all enjoyed the post and hope to see you tomorrow Wednesday March 21
at 9pm EST.  Make sure you use the hashtag #YABookChat and are following me-
@Tiff_Mahaffy, D.T.- @DTDyllin and Stacey- @Stacey_WB for the best coverage!!








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thoughtful review, Tiffany! I'm excited to talk more tomorrow during #yabookchat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower via discussion on goodreads on Teen & YA Addiction. Hope you'll stop by my blog.
    www.walkingonbookshelves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...