Tuesday, April 10, 2012

#YABookChat Feature Author Nely Cab & Review of Creatura

When seventeen year-old Isis Martin is having trouble sleeping due to perturbing dreams of a horrific growling beast, she decides to confront her fear. But what Isis discovers is something other than a menacing entity.The human-like creature offers Isis assurance that he is not a figment of her imagination. Unwilling to accept his avowal, Isis sets his words to contest by asking the entity to prove himself - a dare, he readily welcomes.It is in her dreams that Isis innocently stumbles upon the silent existence of the divine lineage of those that man has long forgotten.In a quaint town, deep in south Texas, this story leads Isis onto the path of impermissible love and captivating life-changing truths. Ultimately, Isis discovers that this chapter in her life is only the beginning.




Review

  So lets start off with this book was not what I thought it was going to be!! Not in the "I want to tear my eye balls out so I don't have to read this" kind of way.  It was more of a "HOW DID I NOT READ THIS SOONER?!" kind of way.  I mean read the description and what do you think it's about? Now I want you to take that idea toss it aside and be ready to dive into something different and exciting!! I will say there is much I want to tell you but was torn about how much to give away and well the little detail that CHANGES EVERYTHING, I am leaving out.
  There is such wonderful characters and personalities in this book!! I mean you really get a little of everything and I felt each individual was really strongly written.  Each time a character came into the picture I had no problem seeing them and remembering who they were.
  Isis has had her share of heart break and doesn't want to loose any more people in her life so she tries to remain distanced.  She has her mother and her friends Andy and Bill.  That is enough for her until she finishes school and gets started on her life.  To be honest I loved her so much.  She was stubborn, caring and all around what I like in a character.  Not to say she didn't have faults but who is perfect?  David *sigh* is the most romantic character ever!! The things that come out of his mouth is enough to make any woman swoon!!
"Beseech me;
I require no contest
Embrace me;
I shall not not wince away
Proclaim me;
I will forever stay"
  That's not even the best of it!! I totally want to leave some for you to discover!! There is so many spots that he puts normal men to shame.  Heck he puts most romantic book characters to shame and I LOVE him!

  I don't want to keep on and on but we also have Claire, Isis's mother.  I think she is a wonderful mother but at times felt that she was more a friend and too trusting.  Nyx, oh I enjoy her.  Every scene that she is in I love.  She is such a beautiful and wonderful woman.  I see her as the most beautiful in the story.  The Gemini, for those of you that don't know what the Gemini are: the twins :) Eryx... Oh boy if he was a romantic like his brother, I would be ALL OVER THAT!! Galen is very opinionated and I actually enjoyed him for that.  Alezzander scared the crap out of me!! Even when he calmed down!! SCARES ME!

  This book is so easy to fall into.  The story is so well written and even in the moments where there is some down time you are stuck to the pages.  The romance is strong and beautiful like the characters and real.  There is no insta love but a love that needs to be fought for.  One that you would risk your own life, your own heart to attain.  The only killer for me was the hard core cliff hanger at the end.  Cliff hangers are something I love and hate all at once!! I am eagerly awaiting the second book to this series and to be honest anything else that Nely Cab come out with!!

4.5/5




About this author (from Goodreads)
According to my mother, I was born on one of the coldest days of December...and asleep. I don't know if that's possible, but surely, that must have given her some idea that I wasn't going to be a superstar athlete.
As I grew up in south Texas, I can't say I was the best student, but I wasn't the worst. I've always thought of myself as average and a little on the weird side. But what is normal, anyway?
I have a beautiful son and a great husband who give me all their support. Whether it be in my painting, cooking, or writing, they're always there for me.
The day I decided to self-publish I was scared witless, as with most major decisions in life. But fear should not be a factor in achieving your childhood dreams.
Presently, I am working on the second chapter in the "Creatura" series and loving every minute of it.

Visit her at www.nelycab.blogspot.com
Buy CreaturaAmazon- Carries e-book & Physical copies


I have been chatting with Nely as I have been waiting for her day on #YABookChat and let me say
she is a wonderful person.  She is easy to talk to and I was so honored when she said yes to
being on the chat!!   Nely has agreed to give away A KINDLE COPY of her book
in the chat and I really am excited to share it with you guys!! If you want extra entries into winning
this (ATTENDING CHAT IS A MUST) you can comment here for +1 and tweet about the
chat Wednesday 9pm/EST with Nely Cab & giveaway for +2  I will be asking questions
throughout the chat and awarding points throughout as well:)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...