Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Not A Drop to Drink

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


Seen this baby around and am hearing GREAT things!! 
 Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water. 


Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own

Expected Release:  September 24, 2013
Published By:  Katherine Tegen Books


Why I Am Waiting

1.  I am a huge fan of Dystopian/Apocalyptic novels and the premise of this one sounds so promising!!

2.  I am kind of intrigued as to how the romantic element of this one will be introduced and developed.

3.  As twisted as it is I am curious as to how people survive, fight and deal with a world where water is all but gone.

4.   Who am I kidding...?  I am just all around excited for this one!! 



What are you waiting on?!  Comment or Link me up to your post!
I love adding new MUST HAVES to my TBR list :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so awesome! I will definitely add to my tbr :) Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring me, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...